Do you feel that there’s room for a bit more happiness in your life?
A lot more even?
Then here’s the good news: you have much more control over your happiness than you probably think. And in this book, you’ll discover the often simple, but easily overlooked, steps you can take to reclaim more of those good feelings.
What’s more, every single suggested action in this book has been scientifically proven to have a positive and lasting effect on happiness. There’s no hype here, just plenty of real hope.
Better still, there’s no need for radical life change and no complicated programme to follow.
Instead you’ll find a raft of small and simple steps that will, over time, add up to a life with more pleasure and meaning - and with fewer negative emotions dragging you down.
Nobody else can make you happy. But you can. Here’s all the help you need.
Daniel Freeman is Professor of Clinical Psychology at Oxford University.
Jason Freeman is a writer and editor.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- About the authors
- Publisher’s acknowledgements
- CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2: COMMITTING TO HAPPINESS
- CHAPTER 3: GETTING THE BASICS IN PLACE: IMPROVING YOUR DIET AND SLEEP
- CHAPTER 4: ACTIVITIES FOR HAPPINESS
- CHAPTER 5: CALMING NEGATIVE THOUGHTS
- CHAPTER 6: INCREASING POSITIVE THOUGHTS
- CHAPTER 7: RELAXING YOUR BODY AND MIND
- CHAPTER 8: IMPROVING YOUR RELATIONSHIPS
- CHAPTER 9: HAPPINESS AT WORK
- CHAPTER 10: UNDERLYING PROBLEMS: COMMON PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES THAT FUEL UNHAPPINESS
- CHAPTER 11: BECOMING HAPPIER – AND STAYING HAPPIER
- Further reading
- Title: You Can Be Happy
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Pearson Life
- ISBN: 9780273763925
You might also like
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself (with bonus article "How Will You Measure Your Life?" by Clayton M. Christensen)
The path to your professional success starts with a critical look in the mirror. (plus the …
Feel Good: How to Change Your Mood and Cope with Whatever Comes Your Way
A practical, inspirational guide to managing your moods, improving your outlook, and beating stress and anxiety …
How to Keep Calm and Carry On
You can start living a happy and worry-free life. Discover how, whatever life throws at you, …