In This Chapter
• Track damage to mobs during combat
• Listen to events when a mob targets a player
• Listen to events when a player attacks a mob
• Display information about a mob in the game
• Retrieve a mob’s current health and maximum health
• Select different colors for text output in game text
• Use NetBeans to learn about the Spigot class library
Although Minecraft is commonly described as a building game, there’s also a lot of enjoyment to be had from facing off in combat against mobs, other players, and the occasional unfortunate animal when you need food, a leather hide, chicken feathers, or some other item.
The mod for this chapter enhances combat by adding a feature to Minecraft that appears ...