- If you want to use Git, we have to install the Git package on our system:
- For Fedora distributions (RHEL/CentOS):
# yum install git
- For Debian distributions (Debian/Ubuntu):
# apt-get install git
- Configure your identity with Git because every Git commit uses this information, for example, the following commit has been done by User awsstar and email is firstname.lastname@example.org:
# git config --global user.name “awsstar”# git config --global user.email “email@example.com”
- Check your settings. You will find the above username and email-id:
# git config --list
- Now, let's try to create a repository on GitHub:
- Hit www.github.com in your web browser and log in with your credentials
- Click ...
Get AWS Automation Cookbook now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.