- Understanding importance of normalization.
- Identifying dependencies from the given Table.
- Converting Tables into various normal forms.
- Evaluating Tables after normalization for correctness and lossless decomposition.
- Understanding some more dependencies.
- Learning with examples: how to normalize Tables.
After drawing E-R diagram, the Tables should be designed. An E-R model is a conceptual (semantic) model which shows only entities, relationships and attributes. It does not show data types and constraints which should be put up on the attributes. Data types and constraints must be decided by studying actual values of the attributes. Moreover, we can decide input format, set of values ...