How to use social and viral technologies to supercharge customer service - and avoid disasters along the way
The breakthrough guide to leveraging social and viral media - by Peter Shankman, the legendary founder of HARO, one of today's hottest Internet growth companies
Actionable insights based on what's really happening right now - not yesterday's news or academic theory
How to build customer loyalty, trust, and credibility online - and rebuild it after a customer service catastrophe
In this book, legendary online marketer Peter Shankman reveals how to make the most of social and viral media in customer service. Shankman is founder of Help a Reporter Online (HARO), one of the world's fastest-growing online businesses. This book shares everything he learned in founding HARO and other online startups and through his extraordinary 16-year career online. Shankman covers all this, and more: " Getting smarter about social networking every day " Choosing which online media make sense for you - and which you can " Learning from other companies' viral "disasters" " Gaining customer loyalty, trust, and credibility on the web " Rebuilding your credibility after you've taken a public "hit" online " Making sure everyone hears your customers when they compliment you " Capturing all your customer knowledge and using it in real time " Keeping people talking - and not just about you This practical, relentlessly realistic tutorial is designed to engage readers with simple, straight-to-the-point facts and techniques they can understand and immediately apply. As Shankman puts it: "You don't need an army - or a team of 300 social media junkies. Southwest Airlines does it with a few people. Same thing with Comcast. And yes, same thing with HARO." You can, too - and this book will show you how.
Table of Contents
- Praise for Customer Service: New Rules for a Social Media World
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1. Putting Together a Social Media Team
- 2. Examples of When It Doesn’t Work (and What Happens)
- 3. Before the Explosion: Winning Your Customer
- 4. Customer Service Is a Way of Life
- 5. Social Media Damage Control: Stopping Small Problems from Becoming Big Ones
- 6. Making Customer Addicts Online: Best Practices That Work!
- 7. Keeping the Addiction Going
- 8. Monitoring Your Successes and Failures
- 9. Putting It All Together: What Did We Learn?
- Title: Customer Service: New Rules for a Social Media World
- Release date: December 2010
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: None