Let us do some grown-up stuff now. Yes, we are still not going to spend any fiat money to buy ethers to code on a blockchain. Rather we will do the following:
- Write a genesis block file for a private blockchain.
- Create the private blockchain using geth commands.
- Link the private blockchain with the MIST browser.
- Mine the chain to generate our own ethers as rewards.
- Use those ethers to deploy a smart contract on our very own private blockchain.
The pre-requisite tools to be installed are as follows:
- Windows 7 (64-bit) (Instructions are for Windows user, for Ubuntu/Mac refer appendix)
- Cygwin setup-x86_64 (For Bash-Shell on Windows 7) (https://cygwin.com/install.html)
- geth-windows-amd64-1.6.7-ab5646c5 ...