O'Reilly logo

Ethereum Smart Contract Development by Mayukh Mukhopadhyay

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

Web3.js in the Ethereum ecosystem

Dale Carnegie, the famous self-improvement trainer, said that financial success is due to 15 percent technical skill, the remaining 85 percent being due to the ability to express ideas and arouse enthusiasm among people. Blockchain might be a cutting-edge technology backed by sound computing principles, but to make it a financial success we need to have mass adoption among people. For this, we need an interface to which everyone can relate.

Web3.js is one technology that can help us in this area of concern. Web3.js provides JavaScript bindings to Ethereum, which can then be used to build intuitive user interfaces using the web stack.

Figure 7.1: Web3.js interacting with a private blockchain via geth

It provides ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required