28 IBM Communications Server for AIX, V6: New Features and Implementation Scenarios
Figure 13. Enter a Label
• Select View/Edit.
• Activate the Set the certificate as a trusted root, and click OK.
2.4.4 Setting up TN3270 connections using PCOMM
When all of the above configuration steps have been completed, you may
establish a secure TN3270 session to a host from your client via an
SSL-enabled CS/AIX TN3270 server.
• Select Start -> Programs -> IBM Personal Communications -> Start or
• When the Welcome to the IBM Personal Communications WorkStation
Window appears, then select OK.
• The Customize Communication window as shown in Figure 14 is
30 IBM Communications Server for AIX, V6: New Features and Implementation Scenarios
Figure 15. Telnet3270
• Specify the Host Name or IP Address and LU parameters in the Primary
• Specify the Port number for Primary. The default Telnet port value of 23 is
displayed. However, this must be changed to match the port number
defined in the CS/AIX Telnet server.
• Check Enable Security.
• Select Apply.
• Select OK.
• Select OK.
TN3270 secure connection is shown in Figure 16.
Chapter 2. Secure Sockets Layer support 31
Figure 16. TN3270 session
When it has connected successfully, you will see a normal session window
except that the status bar has a locked padlock in the bottom left-hand corner
which tells you that it is connected to a secure server.
32 IBM Communications Server for AIX, V6: New Features and Implementation Scenarios