Welcome to the first chapter of Kubernetes for Serverless Applications. In this chapter, we are going to be looking at and discussing the following:
- What do we mean by serverless and Functions as a Service?
- What services are out there?
- An example of Lambda by Amazon Web Services
- An example of Azure Functions
- Using the serverless toolkit
- What problems can we solve using serverless and Functions as a Service?
I think it is important we start by addressing the elephant in the room, and that is the term serverless.