I’d like to acknowledge and thank:
- The readers of Rands in Repose who not only unwittingly guided the initial creation of this work by reading, commenting, and mailing, but whose continued interest allowed me to develop a far superior second edition.
- Melanie Baker, my editor, whose infinite patience and unique Canadianness keeps Rands sounding like Rands. She would never allow the word Canadianness into a proper book.
- Tom Paquin, who years ago took the time to guide me and shape my thinking regarding how to be a good manager.
- John Gruber, my dear friend, who inspires me with his writing and who I don’t see enough.
- 42. You are the answer and I don’t really care what the question is.
I would also like to thank Steve Jobs for ...