The field of e-learning continues to experience dramatic and turbulent growth. Over time, as technology has improved and the method's real capabilities have emerged, e-learning has gained widespread acceptance and is now the fastest growing sector of corporate learning.
As in years past, Michael Allen's Annual offers a diverse and important collection that contains some of the most current insights and best practices that will help both educators and workplace learning leaders address issues of design and implementation, as well as strategy and culture.
In addition, this new volume offers a diverse mix of content that spans the full spectrum of technology-based learning. Year after year, the Annual discusses emerging trends in social media; showcases e-learning innovation; presents contemporary- and best-practices; tackles big-picture, strategic issues; and provides a host of useful tips and techniques. Additional content is also available online.
Praise forMichael Allen's 2012 e-Learning Annual
"Michael Allen's Annual really is annual. I found new examples and provocative ideas—just what I was looking for."
—Allison Rossett, professor of educational technology, San Diego State University
"Just another academic anthology? Hardly! Michael Allen has convinced e-learning's super-heroes to join forces to crush complacency, demolish dogma, rewrite rules, streamline strategies, and light a brighter future for e-learning. Warning: The accumulated wisdom and original thinking of this elite team of designers, practitioners, consultants, and researchers will leave you dissatisfied with your current e-learning efforts and aching to put their ideas into play."
—William Horton, author, e-Learning by Designand consultant, William Horton Consulting
"The real learning at conferences takes place in the hallways. This wonderful book is like eavesdropping on those conversations, except that Michael has put the top thinkers in our field in the hall for you."
—Jay Cross, chairman, Internet Time Alliance
Susan Smith Nash
"The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files".
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- RAPID E-LEARNING REALITY CHECK
- AN ARGUMENT AGAINST VOICE-OVER POWERPOINT FOR E-LEARNING
- WHY E-LEARNING MUST CHANGE: A CALL TO END RAPID DEVELOPMENT
- THE RIGHT E-LEARNING TOOL FOR THE JOB
- DON'T GET TRAPPED BY YOUR E-LEARNING TOOLS
- LEARNING IN THE QUATERNARY ECONOMY
- YOU, YOU ONLINE, YOU WHEN NOBODY KNOWS IT'S YOU ONLINE
- THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE INFORMATION ECOSYSTEM: NEW ROLES FOR HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONALS
- E-LEARNING INNOVATION: USING PAST E-LESSONS TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF LEARNING
- E-LEARNING FOR THE NET GENERATION
- A VIABLE WORKPLACE LEARNING STRATEGY IN CHOATIC TIMES
- FROM E-LEARNING TO M-LEARNING: GOING MOBILE NOW!
- MOBILE DEVICES FOR LEARNING: A CONVERSATION
- MOBILE LEARNING IN EDUCATION
- THE POWER OF COLLABORATIVE LEARNING: TRANSFORMING YOUR ORGANIZATION THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
- E-LEARNING ISN'T EVERYTHING: ADAPTING INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN TO A WEB 2.0 WORLD
- WEB 2.0 AND PERFORMANCE: USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO FACILITATE LEARNING AT GOOGLE
- DEVELOPING SERIOUS GAMES AND SIMULATIONS: A QUICK GUIDE
- EXPERIENCE DESIGN: A PRACTICAL METHODOLOGY FOR CAPTURING, DELIVERING, AND DEPLOYING EXPERIENCE
- LCMS: NOT JUST A TECHNOLOGY, IT'S A STRATEGY
- LCMS: NOT JUST A TECHNOLOGY, IT'S A STRATEGY — A REBUTTAL
- RETHINKING THE SCOPE AND NATURE OF INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
- E-LEARNING: A POSITIVE SKEPTIC'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT?
- LEARNSANITY: THREE DO-IT-RIGHT STRATEGIES TO GET NEW E-LEARNING INITIATIVES OFF TO A GOOD START
- CHALLENGES OF DEVELOPING E-LEARNING IN A REGULATED ENVIRONMENT
- EDUCATIONAL VIDEOCONFERENCING: CRACKING OPEN THE CLASSROOM DOOR
- ENGAGING ADULT LEARNERS USING SYNCHRONOUS E-LEARNING MEDIA
- Final Word
- About the Editor
- Title: Michael Allen's e-Learning Annual 2012
- Release date: July 2011
- Publisher(s): Pfeiffer
- ISBN: 9780470913826