In This Chapter
• Download the NetBeans IDE
• Create a new Java project in NetBeans
• Write a Java program
• Compile the program successfully
• Run the program
• Make an error (on purpose!)
• Learn how NetBeans flags errors as you write a program
Although it’s possible to create Minecraft mods and other Java programs with nothing more than the Java Development Kit and a text editor, the experience is considerably more pleasant when you use an integrated development environment (IDE).
This book employs NetBeans, a free IDE offered by Oracle for Java programmers. NetBeans is a program that makes it easier to organize, write, compile, and test Java software. It includes a project and file manager, graphical ...