Clouds image courtesy of Phillipe Hurbain
By the end of this chapter, you should:
- understand how angular fisheye projection works;
- have implemented a fisheye camera;
- understand how spherical panoramic projection works;
- have implemented a spherical panoramic camera;
- have the tools to produce interesting images using nonlinear projections.
This chapter highlights one of the many advantages that ray tracing has over other graphics algorithms: it’s simple to implement projections that are different from the orthographic and perspective projections discussed in previous chapters. In these projections, ...