Background Issues for Regression Analysis
Chapter 1 Preview
When you have completed reading this chapter you will:
- Realize that this is a practical guide to regression not a theoretical discussion.
- Know what is meant by cross-sectional data.
- Know what is meant by time-series data.
- Know to look for trend and seasonality in time-series data.
- Know about the three data sets that are used the most for examples in the book.
- Know how to differentiate between nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio data.
- Know that you should use interval or ratio data when doing regression.
- Know how to access the “Data Analysis” functionality in Excel.
The importance of the use of regression models in modern business and economic analysis can ...