Evaluation of Ordinary Least Squares (OLS) Regression Models
Chapter 4 Preview
When you have completed reading this chapter you will be able to:
- Identify the four steps involved in evaluating a simple regression model.
- Evaluate whether a simple regression model makes logical sense.
- Check for statistical significance of a slope term.
- Identify when it is appropriate to use a one-tailed versus a two-tailed hypothesis test.
- Evaluate the explanatory power of a simple regression model.
- Check for serial correlation in simple regression models based on time-series data.
At this point, you are familiar with the basics of OLS regression analysis and how to perform it in Excel. In this chapter, you will learn a relatively simple ...