Point and Interval Estimates From a Regression Model
Chapter 5 Preview
When you have completed reading this chapter you will be able to:
- Learn to calculate a point estimate based on a regression equation.
- Understand that this point estimate is the best estimate based on regression statistics.
- Learn to calculate an approximate 95 percent confidence interval centered on the point estimate.
- Realize that regression with one independent (or causal) variable is quite limited for business applications.
- See that larger models with more causal variables can increase the explanatory power of regression.
- See that larger models with more causal variables can result in more narrow (more precise) approximate 95 percent confidence intervals centered ...