Book descriptionFrom the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Bring Your Human to Work comes an indispensable guide to taking your employee engagement to the next level.
In Bring Your Human to Work, Erica Keswin laid down the rules and protocols of a human workplace. Now, in Rituals Roadmap, she shows us how to further employee engagement, explaining that workplace rituals foster a sense of belonging and help workers connect with one another and their work.
From our morning cup of coffee to the standing Wednesday morning meeting with our team, our lives are steeped in rituals. Rituals Roadmap combines cutting-edge scientific research with examples from the most human companies, like Starbucks, Microsoft, Chipotle and LinkedIn, showing how they establish rituals during meetings, employee onboarding procedures, and daily interactions among coworkers.
Whether you choose to pass around a stuffed penguin at your weekly meeting to express gratitude like Aria Finger of DoSomething, or decide to make lunchtime a daily ritual with your team in the same way one top performing team at Douglas Elliman does, rituals create community and change us in a way that conjures lifelong commitments. If you’re serious about employee engagement, Rituals Roadmap is your blueprint for creating a workplace full of engaged, connected employees who drive revenue and stay at their jobs long term.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Preface: Rituals During COVID-19
- Introduction: Don’t Stop Believin’—A Business Case for Rituals
- Chapter One All Aboard: Rituals for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding
- Chapter Two March Through the Arch: Rituals for Beginnings
- Chapter Three Meetings: Rituals for Gatherings That Matter
- Chapter Four Eatings: Rituals for the Most Important Meal of the Day—The One We Share
- Chapter Five Rituals for Taking Professional Development Personally: Spotlight on LinkedIn’s InDay
- Chapter Six The No-Smoke Break: Rituals for Taking a Breather
- Chapter Seven We See You: Rituals for Recognizing and Rewarding
- Chapter Eight “First Sip”: Why Starbucks Is a Rituals Rockstar
- Chapter Nine Tidying Up: Rituals at the End of the Roadmap
- Chapter Ten Design Your Own Roadmap
- Postscript Rituals in Turbulent Times
- Title: Rituals Roadmap: The Human Way to Transform Everyday Routines into Workplace Magic
- Release date: January 2021
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781260461909
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Infrastructure as Code, 2nd Edition
Just five years ago, infrastructure as code was a new concept for many companies. Today, even …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …