SEO--short for Search Engine Optimization--is the art, craft, and science of driving web traffic to web sites.
Web traffic is food, drink, and oxygen--in short, life itself--to any web-based business. Whether your web site depends on broad, general traffic, or high-quality, targeted traffic, this PDF has the tools and information you need to draw more traffic to your site. You'll learn how to effectively use PageRank (and Google itself); how to get listed, get links, and get syndicated; and much more.
The field of SEO is expanding into all the possible ways of promoting web traffic. This breadth requires a range of understanding. In this PDF you'll find topics that cover that range, so you can use SEO to your benefit. Those topics include:
- Understanding how to best organize your web pages and websites.
- Understanding technologic and business tools available that you can use to achieve your SEO goals.
- Understanding how Google works. (Since Google is far and away the most important search engine, effectively using SEO means effectively using Google. This PDF covers how to boost placement in Google search results, how not to offend Google, how best to use paid Google programs, and more.)
- Understanding best SEO practices (whether your organization is small and entrepreneurial, or whether you have responsibility for a large web presence).
When you approach SEO, you must take some time to understand the characteristics of the traffic that you need to drive your business. Then go out and use the techniques explained in this PDF to grab some traffic--and bring life to your business.
Table of contents
- Building Traffic and Making Money with SEO
- 1. Search Engine Optimization
- 2. Understanding Search Engines
- 3. Driving Traffic to a Site
- 4. Using PageRank
- 5. Getting Listed
- 6. Getting Links
- 7. Using Syndication
- 8. Tools of the Trade
- 9. Site and Page Design
- 10. Inbound, Outbound, and Cross Links
- 11. SEO Analysis Tools
- 12. Avoiding SEO Pitfalls
- 13. Best Practices: SEO That Works
- 14. Summary
- About the Author
- Title: Search Engine Optimization
- Release date: May 2006
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780596527860
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …