SEO--short for Search Engine Optimization--is the art, craft, and science of driving web traffic to web sites.
Web traffic is food, drink, and oxygen--in short, life itself--to any web-based business. Whether your web site depends on broad, general traffic, or high-quality, targeted traffic, this PDF has the tools and information you need to draw more traffic to your site. You'll learn how to effectively use PageRank (and Google itself); how to get listed, get links, and get syndicated; and much more.
The field of SEO is expanding into all the possible ways of promoting web traffic. This breadth requires a range of understanding. In this PDF you'll find topics that cover that range, so you can use SEO to your benefit. Those topics include:
- Understanding how to best organize your web pages and websites.
- Understanding technologic and business tools available that you can use to achieve your SEO goals.
- Understanding how Google works. (Since Google is far and away the most important search engine, effectively using SEO means effectively using Google. This PDF covers how to boost placement in Google search results, how not to offend Google, how best to use paid Google programs, and more.)
- Understanding best SEO practices (whether your organization is small and entrepreneurial, or whether you have responsibility for a large web presence).
When you approach SEO, you must take some time to understand the characteristics of the traffic that you need to drive your business. Then go out and use the techniques explained in this PDF to grab some traffic--and bring life to your business.
Table of contents
- Building Traffic and Making Money with SEO
- 1. Search Engine Optimization
- 2. Understanding Search Engines
- 3. Driving Traffic to a Site
- 4. Using PageRank
- 5. Getting Listed
- 6. Getting Links
- 7. Using Syndication
- 8. Tools of the Trade
- 9. Site and Page Design
- 10. Inbound, Outbound, and Cross Links
- 11. SEO Analysis Tools
- 12. Avoiding SEO Pitfalls
- 13. Best Practices: SEO That Works
- 14. Summary
- About the Author
- Title: Search Engine Optimization
- Release date: May 2006
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780596527860
You might also like
Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day, 3rd Edition
The third edition of the bestselling guide to do-it-yourself SEO Getting seen on the first page …
The Truth About Search Engine Optimization
“Rebecca’s book is chapter-by-chapter gold for anyone who needs to understand how we find information on …
SEO: Search Engine Optimization Bible
This in-depth Bible delivers the holy grail of online marketing: how to influence search engine results …
Google™ Semantic Search: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Techniques That Get Your Company More Traffic, Increase Brand Impact, and Amplify Your Online Presence
Optimize Your Sites for Today’s Radically New Semantic Search Breakthrough “semantic search” techniques are already transforming …