Chapter 11. Editing plain and rich text
- Handling basic text input
- Understanding input method editors
- Moving text to and from the clipboard
- Entering and editing rich text
- Working with multicolumn and linked text layouts
Collecting and displaying text is a vital part of almost every web application. Silver-light provides several controls designed to make this important task easy. Silverlight supports standard keyboard text input as well as input from input method editors (IMEs).
The most basic text input control is the TextBox. For most forms and other simple data, this is the control you’ll use to capture input. TextBox supports all the usual text entry functions, as well as multiline input.
Similar to the TextBox ...