Chapter 31. Printing
- Understanding the printing API
- Printing onscreen content
- Scaling content for print
- Getting data from a service for a report
- Creating headers, footers, and more
The support for binding and validation, WCF RIA Services, and out-of-browser trusted applications are all major factors in making Silverlight useful for business application development. But most business, even today, run on a serious amount of paper. In those places, a development platform simply can’t be used unless it has good support for printing.
Many business applications need to print paper forms and reports as a standard part of their process. Large-scale applications typically farm out that functionality to a server somewhere with ...