Get in the Right State of Mind for Vacation
by Alexander Caillet, Jeremy Hirshberg, and Stefano Petti
- Focus on the most critical activities before vacation
- Create a clean work and home environment to return to
- Transition into your vacation slowly
- Disconnect once your vacation starts
- Be present, try new things, and have fun
Have you ever been on vacation and been unable to relax? The whole point of taking time off is to achieve the calm, happy, and energized (CHE) states of mind that make us most productive and effective both while we’re away and when we’re back in the office and our daily routines. So how can you make sure that happens?
Stage 1: Prepare
Prepping for a vacation can be stressful. From scheduling time that aligns ...