There is no denying that the 21st century is data driven, with many digital industries relying on careful collection and analysis of mass volumes of information. A Chief Data Officer (CDO) at a company is the leader of this process, making the position an often daunting one. The Chief Data Officer Management Handbook is here to help.
With this book, author Martin Treder advises CDOs on how to be better prepared for their swath of responsibilities, how to develop a more sustainable approach, and how to avoid the typical pitfalls. Based on positive and negative experiences shared by current CDOs, The Chief Data Officer Management Handbook guides you in designing the ideal structure of a data office, implementing it, and getting the right people on board.
Important topics such as the data supply chain, data strategy, and data governance are thoughtfully covered by Treder. As a CDO it is important to use your position effectively with your entire team. The Chief Data Officer Management Handbook allows all employees to take ownership in data collaboration. Data is the foundation of present and future tech innovations, and you could be the leader that makes the next big impact.
- Apply important elements of effective data management
- Gain a comprehensive overview of all areas of data (which are often managed independently
- Work with the data supply chain, from data acquisition to its usage, a review of all relevant stakeholders, data strategy, and data governance
Table of contents
- Front Matter
- Part I. Designing an Effective Data Office
- Part II. The Psychology of Data Management
- Part III. Practical Aspects of Data Management
- Back Matter
- Title: The Chief Data Officer Management Handbook: Set Up and Run an Organization’s Data Supply Chain
- Release date: September 2020
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484261156
You might also like
Data Architecture: A Primer for the Data Scientist, 2nd Edition
Over the past 5 years, the concept of big data has matured, data science has grown …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
This book is for any manager or team leader that has the green light to implement …
MASTER DATA MANAGEMENT AND DATA GOVERNANCE, 2/E, 2nd Edition
The latest techniques for building a customer-focused enterprise environment "The authors have appreciated that MDM is …