An industry insider reveals the next generation of marketing—and provides the insight you need to use it to beat the competition
One of the hottest forms of advertising, native advertising is an extremely effective way to reach customers. Produced by marketers and featured alongside the main content, native advertising breaks down the traditional barrier between advertising and editorial. Industry insider and Hearst ad executive Mike Smith believes that native is not only here to stay, but is the future of marketing.
The Native Advertising Advantage reveals why native advertising is an effective tool in any company’s digital marketing strategy—and how to use it to build new revenue streams. Smith explains how native ads are blending in with their surrounding content to blur the traditional “church/state” divide of editorial versus advertising. He shows how publications as diverse as BuzzFeed, Forbes, Cosmopolitan, and The New York Times are attracting readers who are just as interested in the content of these native ads as they are of journalist-written editorial content
Gleaned from dozens of interviews with advertisers, marketers, software developers, journalists, and publishers, the book reveals how native advertising fits into the marketing strategies and advertising budgets of successful companies such as GE, Intel, HP, Red Bull, ConAgra Foods, Pepsi, and others.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1 What is Native Advertising?
- Chapter 2 Native Advertising: Where it Began, Whereit’s Going
- Chapter 3 When is Native Advertising Ok, Andwhen is it Not Ok?
- Chapter 4 The Essentials You Need to Know About Native Advertising Disclosures, Regulatory Compliance, and Potential Legal Issues
- Chapter 5 How Journalists Areadapting
- Chapter 6 A Look at Brands that Have Gone Native
- Chapter 7 Consumer Reaction
- Chapter 8 Best Practices and Recommendations
- About the Author
- Title: The Native Advertising Advantage: Build Authentic Content that Revolutionizes Digital Marketing and Drives Revenue Growth
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781259835698
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Learning React, 2nd Edition
If you want to learn how to build efficient React applications, this is your book. Ideal …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Essential Algorithms, 2nd Edition
A friendly introduction to the most useful algorithms written in simple, intuitive English The revised and …