This chapter is for folks who want a quick start guide to using their flashes. Keep reading the book to learn the background and theory, but this chapter will help you get started.
Using Your Flash (SB-600, SB-800, or SB-900/910) on the Camera
1. Turn off camera and flash
2. Place flash on camera
3. Turn on camera and flash
4. Set camera light meter to Matrix
5. Set camera flash sync mode to Normal or Slow + Rear
6. Push MODE button on flash until you see TTL BL
7. Set power on flash with +/– buttons (i.e., –2/3 or +1.3)
8. Take picture
Using Your SB-500 Flash on the Camera
1. Turn off camera ...