How Long Will It Really Take?
A New Approach and More Accurate Results
At this point, you should understand how to:
• Dissect a strategic plan into strategic objectives, then into a portfolio of projects supporting each strategic objective.
• Break down all work necessary to accomplish each project, entering the information into a work breakdown structure (WBS).
• Estimate the effort and cost of each activity for each component of the WBS.
• Create an ironclad budget with all project costs included.
• Roll each of the costs in the ironclad budget back and upward into each strategic objective, then into the strategic plan itself.
• Monitor all budgets effectively with state-of-the art metrics.
Now it’s time ...