How Long Will It Really Take?
A New Approach and More Accurate Results
At this point, you should understand how to:
• Dissect a strategic plan into strategic objectives, then into a portfolio of projects supporting each strategic objective.
• Break down all work necessary to accomplish each project, entering the information into a work breakdown structure (WBS).
• Estimate the effort and cost of each activity for each component of the WBS.
• Create an ironclad budget with all project costs included.
• Roll each of the costs in the ironclad budget back and upward into each strategic objective, then into the strategic plan itself.
• Monitor all budgets effectively with state-of-the art metrics.
Now it’s time ...
Get Transforming Project Management: An Essential Paradigm for Turning Your Strategic Planning into Action now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.