In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Unity Game Development in 24 Hours will help you master the Unity 4 game engine at the heart of Temple Run and many other sizzling-hot mobile games! You’ll learn everything from the absolute basics through sophisticated game physics, animation, and mobile device deployment techniques. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Unity 4 game development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
Create and work with game objects, Unity’s fundamental building blocks
Work efficiently with Unity’s graphical asset pipeline
Apply shaders and textures to any 3D object
Sculpt stunning game worlds with Unity’s terrain and environmental toolsets
Script tasks ranging from capturing input to building complex behaviors
Quickly create repeatable, reusable game objects with prefabs
Implement easy, intuitive game user interfaces
Create amazing effects with Unity’s new Shuriken particle system
Leverage the full power of Unity’s new Mecanim animation system
Integrate ambient 2D/3D audio into your games
Use mobile device accelerometers and multi-touch displays
Modify a desktop game for mobile platforms
Apply the “finishing touches” and deploy your game
Table of Contents
- Hour 1. Introduction to Unity
- Hour 2. Game Objects
- Hour 3. Models, Materials, and Textures
- Hour 4. Terrain
- Hour 5. Environments
- Hour 6. Lights and Cameras
- Hour 7. Game 1: Amazing Racer
- Hour 8. Scripting Part 1
- Hour 9. Scripting Part 2
- Hour 10. Collision
- Hour 11. Game 2: Chaos Ball
- Hour 12. Prefabs
- Hour 13. Graphical User Interfaces
- Hour 14. Character Controllers
- Hour 15. Game 3: Captain Blaster
- Hour 16. Particle Systems
- Hour 17. Animations
- Hour 18. Animators
- Hour 19. Game 4: Gauntlet Runner
- Hour 20. Game 1 [This content is currently in development.]
- Hour 21. Mobile Development
- Hour 22. Game Revisions
- Hour 23. Deployment [This content is currently in development.]
- Hour 24. Wrap Up [This content is currently in development.]
- Title: Unity Game Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself®
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780133480481