THE VALUE OF PREVENTION
• Discuss various government attempts at promoting prevention
• Discuss barriers to health care organizations’ support of prevention strategies
• Explain the role of data, databases, and measurements in improving outcomes
• Discuss issues of prevention in the ambulatory setting
• Explain the value of using the FMEA methodology to promote prevention
There is no doubt that prevention saves lives and improves the management of chronic illness; for this reason, prevention will be a major focus of health care activities in the future. Preventing illness is better for patients and much more economical for health care organizations than treating disease during acute phases of illness. As the population ...