IMPROVING COMMUNICATION AND ESTABLISHING TRUST
• Discuss the relationship between effective communication and improved patient outcomes
• Explain the role of trust in promoting effective communication
• Describe the role of quality management principles in promoting improved communication
• Discuss the importance of accurate reporting of poor outcomes to patient safety
• Describe issues involved in assessing competency of staff
Without accurate and ongoing information, members of the hospital board of trustees can’t fulfill their regulatory obligation to oversee the quality of care delivered in their organizations. Often clinicians and board members engage in informal conversation, and the clinician assures the board ...