Book DescriptionIn Values-Driven Business, Ben & Jerry's co-founder Ben Cohen and Social Venture Network chair Mal Warwick team up to provide you with a way to run your business for profit and personal satisfaction. This practical, down-to-earth book details every step in the process of creating and managing a business that will reflect your personal values, not force you to hide them. It includes:
A self-assessment tool to determine what it will take for you to start a values-based business or transform your company into one
Hundreds of examples of business policies and practices that are both ethical and business-savvy
Checklists crammed with practical suggestions you can put to work today in your own business
Values-Driven Business outlines how virtually any business can be efficient, competitive, and successful while adhering to a “triple bottom line” of profit, people, and planet.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Letter from the Editor of the Social Venture Network Series
- Read This Book . . .
- 1: So, why are you in business?
- 2: Are you ready to take the plunge?
- 3: First things first YOUR EMPLOYEES
- 4: Turning the value chain into a “values chain”
- 5: Developing a dialogue with your customers
- 6: Staking out your place in the community
- 7: Leaving a lighter footprint on the planet
- 8: You really can try this at home!
- About Social Venture Network
- About the Authors
- Other Titles in the Social Venture Network Series
- About Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- Title: Values-Driven Business
- Release date: April 2006
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781576759516