Introducing Cloud-Based Mobile Apps
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Using your existing skills as a web developer to build mobile apps
- Understanding how HTML5 will be used as an app-development standard
- Using the WebKit browser engine for app development
- Creating a mobile web app that responds to touch
- Installing and using the nginx web server
The code examples in this book show you how to build complete apps. You are never left to put together the pieces yourself. The code is simple and includes error-handling logic, so you’ll learn how to build production-ready apps and systems.
Over the course of this book, you will build three complete applications. You’ll learn how to put together all the elements of the technology stack, and you’ll learn about a wide range of technologies and services. This book will enable you to get to work but avoids unnecessary detail and theory.
This book is an accelerator for your skills. You can use it to efficiently make the leap into mobile and cloud development. Rather than attempting to be a reference for all the details, which you can find on the web anyway, it is a stepping stone for your skills.
HOW TO BUILD MOBILE APPS IN THE CLOUD
This book describes ...