Building a Photo-Blogging App
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Using the MongoHQ cloud database
- Defining a production architecture for Node applications
- Defining a web API for your service
- Using acceptance testing to verify your API
- Defining a database schema for followers
- Handling a mixture of JSON and streaming data
- Connecting a mobile app to your API
- Using Facebook and Twitter sign-in from a mobile app environment
In this chapter you’ll build on the work you did in Chapters 8 and 9. Here you’ll combine all the features you’ve previously explored into one complete, fully functional app — including the cloud element on the server side. You can use the structure of this app as the foundational structure for your own services. It will include the cross-platform mobile client, the highly scalable and performant cloud server, and examples of implementations of all the major features you need.
THE ARCHITECTURE OF LIFESTREAM
The Lifestream app is a photo-sharing mobile app that works ...