Mobilizing Your App
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Drawing graphics for your app by using the canvas element
- Using simple boilerplate code to give your app a native feel
- Creating a tracer bullet to test your app architecture end-to-end
- Building a simple drawing app that responds to finger movements
- Learning to refactor your code so that it is maintainable
- Understanding the cloud services that Amazon provides
- Using Amazon to create your own cloud server
- Configuring your cloud server to deliver mobile web apps
This chapter teaches you all the essentials of building a mobile cloud app. At the end of this chapter, you will be able to develop and deploy basic mobile web apps that live in the Amazon cloud.
The focus of this chapter is to create a live, working app that is delivered from a public URL and that you can access anywhere. You’ll even be able to ask your friends or colleagues to test it. Let’s begin!
BUILDING A TOUCH-SENSITIVE DRAWING APP
In this section, you will build a complete mobile web app. This app will allow you to draw pictures on the screen of your mobile device, using your finger. Because you are just getting started, I’m going to ask you to trust me on some ...