Chapter 10. Building the Application
In the previous chapter, you updated the process definition for a new vacation request to add escalations. The Tahiti application definition does not yet meet all the requirements described in “Example Application: Vacation Management”, but it is complete enough that you can build and test a first version.
This chapter explains how to convert the Tahiti application page prototype into the real page that uses real data. Then you can build the Tahiti application with links from the application page to the relevant process tasks.
These are the stages in building the application:
- Deploy and run the related processes.
- Update the vacation statement page to use real business and organization data instead of the dummy variables that you defined in the prototype.
- Create the application definition.
- Test the application as a user and as a manager.
You will carry out these stages in the development environment and validate the application.
Deploy and Run Processes
In the development environment, you deploy a process by running it from Bonita BPM Studio. You can check that the process is deployed and is operating correctly by running it from the Bonita BPM Portal.
To deploy and check the Tahiti-NewVacationRequest process, follow these steps:
- Open the Tahiti-NewVacationRequest process. Select it and click Run. This deploys the process. You can ignore the form that is displayed.
- Open and run the Tahiti-InitiateVacationAvailable process. This initializes ...