Sales growth starts with planning
Sales accounts are harder than ever to win, let alone keep. Globalization, cloud computing, and crowdsourcing create a marketplace where any account can be lured away by a hungry startup. And the face-time advantage? Forget it. Today's high-quality sale will likely involve six or more decision makers.
That's why it's time to get strategic about how sales teams frame their approach. In Essential Account Planning, sales enablement expert Mark Donnolo blends his years of experience with expert interviews and stories to show you how planning can reliably drive revenue. His five-point framework will prepare you to address the arguments you're certain to hear against account planning, such as lack of commitment, ownership, and time.
Each sales organization is unique, but most have similar challenges and succeed using common principles. And chances are, sales reps in your company already perform many of these account planning tasks, albeit on the fly or independent of others. This book's ready-to-use tools and templates will help you get everyone on the same page to deliver immediate results.
In this book, you'll learn how to:
- Develop a consistent account plan structure.
- Create the habits and culture of an ongoing planning process.
- Navigate the politics that impede information sharing.
Many salespeople believe that more selling creates more sales, but the salespeople who invest in account planning become the true sales leaders. Use Essential Account Planning to bring stability to your sales organization and start seeing the rewards of planning today!
Table of contents
- Title Page
- 1. Why Do You Need Account Plans?
- 2. Use the Right Structure
- 3. Set the Goal
- 4. Create the Habits
- 5. Understand the Politics
- 6. Think Big
- Appendix 1. Competitive Landscape
- Appendix 2. Customer Challenges and Priorities
- Appendix 3. SWOT Analysis
- Appendix 4. Needs by Division
- Appendix 5. Account Map and Team Alignments
- Appendix 6. Offer White Space Map
- Appendix 7. Goal Build by Opportunity
- Appendix 8. Strategy and Action Plan by Opportunity
- Appendix 9. Team Commitments
- Appendix 10. Budget and Forecast
- Appendix 11. Pursuit Scoring Matrix
- Appendix 12. Sources of Growth Calculation
- Appendix 13. Essential Account Planning Report Card
- About the Author
- Back Cover
- Title: Essential Account Planning: 5 Keys for Helping Your Sales Team Drive Revenue
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781562867768
You might also like
Turn the tables on the social dynamics of sales—stop chasing prospects and start closing deals Sales …
Stop Selling and Start Leading
Make extraordinary sales happen! In the Age of the Customer, sales effectiveness depends mightily on the …
Mastering the World of Selling: The Ultimate Training Resource from the Biggest Names in Sales
Of the 17 million people in the U.S. who are involved directly or indirectly in sales, …
Aligning Strategy and Sales: The Choices, Systems, and Behaviors that Drive Effective Selling
"The best sales book of the year" — strategy+business Aligning Strategy and Sales Aligning Strategy and …