- GLOBAL STRATEGIC MARKETING PLANNING
- KEY CRITERIA IN GLOBAL ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN
- ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN OPTIONS
- ORGANIZING FOR GLOBAL BRAND MANAGEMENT
- LIFE CYCLE OF ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURES
- CONTROL OF GLOBAL MARKETING EFFORTS
The capstone of a company's global marketing activities will be its strategic marketing plan. To implement its global plans effectively, a company needs to reflect on the best organizational setup that enables it to successfully meet the threats and opportunities posed by the global marketing arena. Organizational issues that the global marketer must confront cover questions like:
- What is the proper communication and reporting structure?
- Who within our organization should bear responsibility for each of the functions that need to be carried out?
- How can we as an organization leverage the competencies and skills of our individual subsidiaries?
- Where should the decision-making authority belong for the various areas?
We consider the major factors that will influence the design of a global organizational structure. Multinational companies (MNCs) can choose from a wide variety of organizational structures. In this chapter, we discuss the major alternative configurations. We also highlight the central role played by country managers within the firm's ...