Chapter 9. IBM Cognos Framework Manager
This chapter will take a deeper dive into the concept of metadata. In it, we will look at the best practices of designs for Cognos Framework Manager models and what type of user would be best suited for model design:
- Introduction to metadata
- Managing the model design project
- 3-tier approach to model design
- Designing a database view of data
- Designing a business view of data
- Designing an end user view of data
- The business case for Cognos Framework Manager
Introduction to metadata
We looked at metadata from an end user perspective when we were first introduced to our studios. In this chapter, we will look at it from the design side.
To recap, metadata is the data that tells you about your other data. Metadata can include ...