4. Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets™ (CSS): Part 1
Fashions fade, style is eternal.
—Yves Saint Laurent
How liberating to work in the margins, outside a central perception.
In this chapter you’ll:
• Control a website’s appearance with style sheets.
• Use a style sheet to give all the pages of a website the same look and feel.
• Use the
class attribute to apply styles.
• Specify the precise font, size, color and other properties of displayed text.
• Specify element backgrounds and colors.
• Understand the box model and how to control margins, borders and padding.
• Use style sheets to separate presentation from content.
Get Internet & World Wide Web: How to Program, Fifth Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.