A client is to me a mere unit, a factor in a problem.
—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
...if the simplest things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.
In this chapter you’ll learn:
• How to create WCF web services.
• How XML, JSON, XML-Based Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representational State Transfer Architecture (REST) enable WCF web services.
• The elements that comprise WCF web services, such as service references, service endpoints, service contracts and service bindings.
• How to create a client that consumes a WCF web service.
• How to use WCF web services with Windows and web applications.
• How to use session tracking in WCF web services ...