Book descriptionIt’s Our Research: Getting Stakeholder Buy-in for User Experience Research Projects discusses frameworks, strategies, and techniques for working with stakeholders of user experience (UX) research in a way that ensures their buy-in.
This book consists of six chapters arranged according to the different stages of research projects. Topics discussed include the different roles of business, engineering, and user-experience stakeholders; identification of research opportunities by developing empathy with stakeholders; and planning UX research with stakeholders. The book also offers ways of teaming up with stakeholders; strategies to improve the communication of research results to stakeholders; and the nine signs that indicate that research is making an impact on stakeholders, teams, and organizations.
This book is meant for UX people engaged in usability and UX research. Written from the perspective of an in-house UX researcher, it is also relevant for self-employed practitioners and consultants who work in agencies. It is especially directed at UX teams that face no-time-no-money-for-research situations.
- Named a 2012 Notable Computer Book for Information Systems by Computing Reviews
- Features a series of video interviews with UX practitioners and researchers
- Provides dozens of case studies and visuals from international research practitioners
- Provides a toolset that will help you justify your work to stakeholders, deal with office politics, and hone your client skills
- Presents tried and tested techniques for working to reach positive, useful, and fruitful outcomes
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- List of Figures and Tables
- Case Studies
- Online Presence
- Chapter 1. If life gives you limes, make mojitos!
- Chapter 2. Mmm … Interesting; so what exactly is it that you want to learn?
- Chapter 3. If you pick a methodology first, something must be wrong
- Chapter 4. What’s gonna work? Teamwork!
- Chapter 5. The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place
- Chapter 6. You can’t manage what you don’t measure
- Title: It's Our Research
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): Morgan Kaufmann
- ISBN: 9780123851314
You might also like
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
Quantifying the User Experience, 2nd Edition
Quantifying the User Experience: Practical Statistics for User Research, Second Edition, provides practitioners and researchers with …
Observing the User Experience, 2nd Edition
Observing the User Experience: A Practitioner’s Guide to User Research aims to bridge the gap between …
Designing for the Digital Age: How to Create Human-Centered Products and Services
Whether you're designing consumer electronics, medical devices, enterprise Web apps, or new ways to check out …