The steps documented here were performed using VMware Player, but is fairly similar on other virtualization platforms such as VirtualBox. However, no matter the virtualization platform, you will need to download either the 32 bit or 64 bit ISO file from the Kali website.
- In your software, you will need to create a new virtual machine.
- Choose the ISO file you downloaded when prompted.
- Select Guest Operating System which many virtualization packages will auto-detect, but you may need to adjust the settings in some cases.
- Set name and location of the new virtual machine.
- Set disk space (20 GB is good enough, but more is better).
- Review the hardware configuration and start the virtual machine.
- Select Graphical Install go through ...