In this chapter, we have worked out how to design the overall layout of a document.
Specifically, we learned about:
- Adjusting the page dimensions and margins
- Using landscape orientation and two-column layout
- Modifying the spacing between lines
- Breaking pages and paying attention to the vertical justification
- Designing headers and footers with titles and page numbers
- Using footnotes
Further, we covered some general topics:
- Obtaining documentation of packages in several ways
- Changing document properties by choosing class options
- Redefining existing commands
Now it's time to deal with further text structures. In the next chapter, we shall learn how to create lists for presenting text in an easy-to-read way.