Wherein the means and methods of finding and fleshing out deep game ideas are discussed:
• The importance of self-awareness as a source for deep game ideas
• Julia Cameron’s self-awareness tools: “morning pages”and “artist date”
• The “inner game designer” as a method to systematically unpack deep game ideas
– Case study: “The Bridge”—the inner game designer in action
• Finding the themes of art and media that reveal the human condition
• Trying to understand other people and their experiences
In order to make games that enable insightful, thought-provoking, and emotionally rich experiences, ...