Wherein it is discussed how games convey meaning and make statements in ways specific to the medium:
• Starting with the definition of a “game,”
• Moving on to an in-depth exploration of the role of rules and fiction in the process of meaning generation,
• Establishing a representational hierarchy of rules over fiction when it comes to identifying the games’ main vehicle for meaning,
• Thus suggesting that thinking of games as “simulations” when it comes to meaning generation is more medium specific than thinking of them as “narratives,”
• And, finally, identifying the differences between “procedural expression” ...