The JIRA customization process
Customizing JIRA should be considered a project in itself. It's quite easy to start making changes while configuring JIRA, but you should always plan your customization first and document them.
You can perform these steps to begin the customization process:
- Pilot JIRA with default configurations.
- Gather feedback.
- Document the proposed configurations.
- Test the configurations on sandbox.
- Implement it on production.
- Standardize the configurations.
- Set up a Change Control Board (CCB).
Piloting JIRA with default configurations
The move to a new tool always faces resistance from users. JIRA is no exception; however, JIRA has the advantage of being intuitive and it allows you to have a clear distinction between usage and administrative ...
Get Mastering JIRA 7 - Second Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.