The data set for the 97 men is in a data frame with 10 variables, as follows:
- lcavol: This is the log of the cancer volume
- lweight: This is the log of the prostate weight
- age: This is the age of the patient in years
- lbph: This is the log of the amount of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), which is the non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate
- svi: This is the seminal vesicle invasion and an indicator variable of whether or not the cancer cells have invaded the seminal vesicles outside the prostate wall (1 = yes, 0 = no)
- lcp: This is the log of capsular penetration and a measure of how much the cancer cells have extended in the covering of the prostate
- gleason: This is the patient's Gleason score; a score ...