mydumper is a logical backup tool that's similar to mysqlpump.
mydumper has these advantages over mysqldump:
- Parallelism (hence, speed) and performance (avoids expensive character set conversion routines and has efficient code overall).
- Consistency. It maintains snapshots across all threads, provides accurate master and slave log positions, and so on. mysqlpump does not guarantee consistency.
- Easier to manage output (separate files for tables and dumped metadata, and it is easy to view/parse data). mysqlpump writes everything to one file, which limits the option of loading selective database objects.
- Inclusion and exclusion of database objects using regex.
- The option to kill long-running transactions that block ...