Here is an outline of the steps:
- Shut down the old MySQL version.
- Replace the old MySQL binaries or packages with the new ones (detailed steps for different types of installation methods are covered).
- Restart MySQL on the existing data directory.
- Run the mysql_upgrade utility.
- In the MySQL 5.7 server, if there are encrypted InnoDB tablespaces, rotate the keyring master key by executing this statement:
mysql> ALTER INSTANCE ROTATE INNODB MASTER KEY;
Here are the detailed steps:
- Configure your MySQL 5.7 server to perform a slow shutdown. With a slow shutdown, InnoDB performs a full purge and change buffer merge before shutting down, which ensures that the undo logs are empty and the data files are fully prepared in case ...