Chapter 2. Getting Started with Transformations
In the previous chapter, you used the graphical designer Spoon to create your first transformation: Hello world. Now you're ready to begin transforming data, and at the same time get familiar with the Spoon environment.
In this chapter, you will:
- Learn the simplest ways of transforming data
- Get familiar with the process of designing, debugging, and testing a transformation
- Explore the available features for running transformations from Spoon
- Learn basic PDI terminology related with data
- Get an introduction to handling runtime errors
Designing and previewing transformations
In the first chapter, you created a Hello world transformation, previewed the data, and also ran the transformation. As you saw, the ...