When you complete this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain the value of setting goals.
• List the five steps for achieving goals.
• Write down your goals, review them to ensure they meet the SMART criteria, and prioritize them.
• Identify which of your goals are long-range, intermediate-term, and short-term.
• Develop an action plan for achieving a top priority goal.
• Use the 3-V system to help you achieve your goals.
Goals are clearly defined outcomes that describe what you want to accomplish. A goal for remodeling your house might be to enlarge the kitchen so that people ...