When you finish this chapter, you should be able to:
• Identify six common external time wasters.
• Describe strategies for controlling the time you spend on the phone.
• Describe strategies for reducing interruptions from drop-in visitors.
• Use the IOK method to manage information.
• List steps you can take to use meeting time productively.
• Identify strategies for turning travel and commute time into useful time.
• Use the CALM method to reduce time lost to crises.
In Chapter 2, Evaluating Your Use of Time, you conducted an audit to identify your time wasters. There are two broad categories ...